59 Staddiscombe Road,
Tel: 01752 932320
In July 2007, the Beckenham sign was put into place at the corner of the Green to the delight of a small group of enthusiasts (including the authors and members of the CCRA) who had worked to this end for several years.
It is easy to interpret against the background of Beckenham's history, in this case Beckenham being the Borough of Beckenham that existed from 1935 to 1965. The districts of Beckenham and West Wickham united to form the single unit considered large enough to become a borough with its own mayors.
It supports the mitre and staff of Odo, Bishop of Bayeux awarded Beckenham after the Norman Conquest.
Please click the links on the left to read about the make up of the Arms
The arms used on Beckenham Green.